Inspired by nature, we create
lightweight structural solutions
that fuse the sustainability of
wood with the performance and
productivity of composites.
Take one minute to understand why we think Woodflow will disrupt lightweight construction and help diverse industries to move towards a more sustainable future.
In nature, trees are high-performance structures. They withstand amazing wind and snow stresses just by having the right form, density, and fiber orientation.
We have developed a design-to-manufacturing technology that aims to bring this natural intelligence back to engineered structures.
We can provide electromobility
companies of the future with the
chassis and body parts that will
make them a truly sustainable
Woodflow technology enables the use of wood-based composites for lightweight high-performance applications. The right control over the form and material architecture allows to produce stress-tailored structural parts capable of fully profiting from wood's performance. As an example, a 5mm thickness wood composite shell prototype has been optimized to resist over 300 Kg with minimum deflection while weighting only 854 gr.
Our design-to-manufacturing technology allow us to have a fully automated process from design to fabrication.
This level of control over the form and fiber orientation of our composite parts enables us to achieve maximum performance with minimum material.
Our proprietary software enable us to integrate computational design, structural optimization, and fabrication in a seamless process.
Additionally our additive manufacturing technology allows for the placement of the wood composite with the right density, fiber orientation and thickness that the component requires. This allow us to tailor the component's mechanical performance to unprecedented levels.
- is high-performance and sustainable.
- it uses renewably sourced raw material and is bound with bioresins to obtain an environmentally friendy product.
- because is additive manufacturing-based, its production is near-zero waste
- optimized parts by form and fiber orientation employ minimum amounts of material.
- its freeform capabilities allow us to solve complex geometries and to fuse several functions into one part.
- fully automated: from design to manufacturing to deliver a consistent quality.
A commited team with the competences and experience needed to realize this challenge